welcome

I would prefer to be a lily

Wall-flower (wol'flou'er) n. 2. One who does not participate in the activity at a social event because of shyness or unpopularity.

do you think it is possible to be a wallflower in life?

i think so. I think I'm actually moving in this direction. Not so much out of shyness or unpopularity, but maybe due to other factors that I can't really pinpoint right now. I'm okay with it. I've talked to a few people about the idea and it seems the outcome will be beneficial. However, I have my doubts, considering I have spent a large part of my life feeling "left out" and that feeling could certainly resurface with an idea like this. Hopefully a conscious decision to isolate myself in certain areas will be good though. The end goal is to spend more time with my closest friends.

if you think this idea is absolutely retarded, please let me know. Or, if you are wondering what exactly I mean when I say a wallflower of life, just ask me and I'll elaborate. I promise it isn't as negative as it sounds.


2 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would anyone want to withdraw from life? You seem to grasp the concept of life here on earth, so you know that we are only here for a little while... why remove yourself from activities? I say immerse yourself in living, not withdraw.

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its not a withdrawl from life-- only a choice not to feel pressured by social expectations. as in "this is what everyone is doing so you're expected to do it too" type of thing.

its about choice. and choosing to be with those who actually make me live more than others who don't because of a surface level relationship.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

! *g* 
a lover of *jesus *political science *children *t.betans *painting *literature *music *knowledge *humor *piano *art *community
! friends 
  • argos
  • chris & evie
  • eric
  • harkeys
  • james
  • john
  • jones 2 ethne
  • kekexili
  • kristen
  • lafe
  • meredith
  • njrokpa
  • polly
  • rockstar jones
  • shelli
  • stegers
  • stephen
  • stu
  • whit
  • ! endeavors 
  • chinesepod
  • engrish
  • fayetteville public library
  • the grove
  • the grove kids
  • mcsweeneys
  • national public radio
  • settlers of catan
  • sojourners
  • thinkgeek
  • tibetan connections
  • valentino achak deng
  • !music.art.design;
  • 7136
  • aargo
  • andy cogbill
  • brett harkey photography
  • eastcreek studios
  • haguewood photography
  • lawrence.com
  • steve lee
  • studio 6
  • ! archives;
     
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com