welcome

the enemy strikes back

Today was a weighty day. Not one in the good sense of weight, as in the weight of the glory of the Lord. Instead I felt an errie sense of heaviness, one that is not desired at all. I suppose it can be easily attributed to the drastic change in weather-- grey gloomy skies, cold and damp. The air certainly had a density to it. It could also be the stress and pressure of recent tests and deadlines. These can certainly weigh a person down. But instead I felt this incredible heaviness in the spiritual realm. It was so strange. It was though I was walking around all day in some sort of daze, not completely aware of the things and people around me. I felt like the sky. I felt thick and foggy; everything seemed to be clouded: my brain, my perspective, my spirit. And I didn't know how to lift it.

Sadly I had to go to community group tonight in this state. Throughout the rest of the evening I underwent a great siege spiritually. And it was as though the Enemy even robbed me of my passion to fight back. Instead, he was able to place a spell of apathy over me. I managed to make it through our evening, but I was disconnected in heart and mind. I didn't want to be there.

As the last girl walked out, I was left sitting in one of Erin's chairs. I mentioned to her that I did not feel at all like myself tonight. Then, before I could even realize it, I was fine. Back to normal gennie. And then it hit me that I had been under a fierce attack the entire afternoon and evening. Immediately I was angry at how Satan had robbed me of an opportunity of real fellowship with sisters tonight.

I know this was a direct response to the prayer time Erin and I had yesterday. It was totally Spirit led, and both of us felt empowered and impassioned during our prayers. Satan had to respond, didn't he? and he certainly did.

I just think that tonight was a sobering example of how the Enemy seeks to kill and destroy. He goes for every little bit of life he can, to rob us of it in order to prevent us from worshipping our awesome God. And I was also sobered at how tricky he is when it comes to this. I should have known he was after me today.

"With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints" Ephesians 6:18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

! *g* 
a lover of *jesus *political science *children *t.betans *painting *literature *music *knowledge *humor *piano *art *community
! friends 
  • argos
  • chris & evie
  • eric
  • harkeys
  • james
  • john
  • jones 2 ethne
  • kekexili
  • kristen
  • lafe
  • meredith
  • njrokpa
  • polly
  • rockstar jones
  • shelli
  • stegers
  • stephen
  • stu
  • whit
  • ! endeavors 
  • chinesepod
  • engrish
  • fayetteville public library
  • the grove
  • the grove kids
  • mcsweeneys
  • national public radio
  • settlers of catan
  • sojourners
  • thinkgeek
  • tibetan connections
  • valentino achak deng
  • !music.art.design;
  • 7136
  • aargo
  • andy cogbill
  • brett harkey photography
  • eastcreek studios
  • haguewood photography
  • lawrence.com
  • steve lee
  • studio 6
  • ! archives;
     
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com