welcome

hmmm

i was thinking today. i have a tendency to do that from time to time. but today i was thinking about something in particular that was making my mind whirl. it was in regards to heaven, and heaven knows i can't begin to comprehend anything to do with it. i sporadically will catch myself in a web of thought based around heaven. its is so fascinating. there is just no way to begin to understand it.

as i walked to class this morning, tiny specs of snow flurries were sticking to my fleece. i was walking with my head facing the ground because it was so frigidly cold-- i got a little beat going in my head to the pace of my walk. and then the thought hit me: suppose that there is music in heaven. i assume this because music is such a standard form of worship, and the Bible is filled with references to song and dance. well, also take the fact that God is a God of no time. He created time when He created earth, but time is only subject to our earthly realm. God exists outside of time. So i know that when i go to heaven, i will then be with God in His realm and not on earth... and there will be music... but the music will have no time. So does this mean that music in heaven is constrained to sound without time? is it simply random notes that make a whole formation but functioning with the absence of rhythm? is it like classical music? or am i being naieve by assuming that there could be no such thing as continual beat in heaven? afterall, God can do anything He wants, so who is to say that there is no such rhythm or time in heaven. i can only assume that God is not subjected to such an idea.

So maybe there is a good beat to the grand musical assembly that heaven offers me. But until i arrive there, i will never know. i'm strictly limited to my little brain that cannot wrap itself around the idea.

1 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Ray said...

Hey G! It has been a while since I have seen you. I'm in town again! By the way, I'm very impressed with your blog! You write alot and you write well! Way to go on all that. I'm in the middle of changing mine all up.
I hope you have a wonderful week & I hope to see you soon!! (Email me: theraytrix@hotmail.com - My AIM=CruHog)
Later G!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

! *g* 
a lover of *jesus *political science *children *t.betans *painting *literature *music *knowledge *humor *piano *art *community
! friends 
  • argos
  • chris & evie
  • eric
  • harkeys
  • james
  • john
  • jones 2 ethne
  • kekexili
  • kristen
  • lafe
  • meredith
  • njrokpa
  • polly
  • rockstar jones
  • shelli
  • stegers
  • stephen
  • stu
  • whit
  • ! endeavors 
  • chinesepod
  • engrish
  • fayetteville public library
  • the grove
  • the grove kids
  • mcsweeneys
  • national public radio
  • settlers of catan
  • sojourners
  • thinkgeek
  • tibetan connections
  • valentino achak deng
  • !music.art.design;
  • 7136
  • aargo
  • andy cogbill
  • brett harkey photography
  • eastcreek studios
  • haguewood photography
  • lawrence.com
  • steve lee
  • studio 6
  • ! archives;
     
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com