welcome

Passion '05

I have already mentioned in the previous blog that 2005 is the year of passion for Gennie Davis. I thought I would just remind you friends, in case you forgot.

I think I am the most joyful in my life when God starts moving and revealing things to me through people and events, and then He starts backing it up with scripture. This is when I really can see the Lord present and active withing me and my surroundings.

This morning in my time with God, I came across and incredibly encouraging passage in Romans. What Paul was addressing to the Romans was exactly what God has been addressing me with over the last three weeks or so. It is absolutely my heart's desire for my brothers and sisters to be of one heart and of one mind together as a body. This has been the cry of my heart for sometime, and despite recent frustrations, the Lord has begun to answer such a prayer. Here is what I came across:

"Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ, we who are many form one body, and each member belongs ot all the others... Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fevor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
Romans 12:4-5, 9-12

When I read this, every single issue God has brought to my heart was addressed. And, as if that wasn't enough, the Lord gave me Acts 4:32 (all the believers were one in heart and mind...) and Ephesians 6:18 (and pray in the Spirit on all occasions... Be alert and and always keep praying for all the saints). Needless to say, I think the Lord desires for this year to be the year of passion for all of us, not just me. And in reality, this should be continual for the rest of our lives. God is totally awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

! *g* 
a lover of *jesus *political science *children *t.betans *painting *literature *music *knowledge *humor *piano *art *community
! friends 
  • argos
  • chris & evie
  • eric
  • harkeys
  • james
  • john
  • jones 2 ethne
  • kekexili
  • kristen
  • lafe
  • meredith
  • njrokpa
  • polly
  • rockstar jones
  • shelli
  • stegers
  • stephen
  • stu
  • whit
  • ! endeavors 
  • chinesepod
  • engrish
  • fayetteville public library
  • the grove
  • the grove kids
  • mcsweeneys
  • national public radio
  • settlers of catan
  • sojourners
  • thinkgeek
  • tibetan connections
  • valentino achak deng
  • !music.art.design;
  • 7136
  • aargo
  • andy cogbill
  • brett harkey photography
  • eastcreek studios
  • haguewood photography
  • lawrence.com
  • steve lee
  • studio 6
  • ! archives;
     
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com