welcome

photos

Sometimes I think it is so strange how I am only capable of seeing things from my perspective and no one else's. I mean, I would love to be able to see the world through another's eyes for a day, but that is not possible so I am stuck with only my view. Its okay like this, because I also think about how no one ever will really understand the way I see things because they are not me. Erin and I talked about this extensively last night until really late.

One great example of this is the way I actually see the world. I see things of this world in ways they should be-- almost like an idealist view. Now, I'm not talking about being an idealist and thinking that the world shoudl be utopia or we should all have peace blah blah blah. I mean, when I actually look at an object, my mind registers it in a matter that catagorizes it as art. When I see a tree, I don't just see a tree, I see an exaggerated form of the tree or I see the tree in outrageous colors or with extended lines. I see it the way I feel it. Does that make sense? Anyway, because I am this way, I would love to stop and draw or paint or bring to life certain things I see through creative expression. And since I can't carry around paint and a canvas all day, I take little snap shots of things with my mind. Its pretty neat, really. at least I think so. But its also frustrating because I don't always have a camera on me either.

I also like photographs because its a chance to not only express sight with feeling, but also an opportunity to create a story behind it. There is nothing better than looking at a picture and not just thinking its beautiful and interesting, but to see it an imagine an entire story with it. Those are the best kinds in my opinion.

In honor of photographs, here are some of mine from recently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

! *g* 
a lover of *jesus *political science *children *t.betans *painting *literature *music *knowledge *humor *piano *art *community
! friends 
  • argos
  • chris & evie
  • eric
  • harkeys
  • james
  • john
  • jones 2 ethne
  • kekexili
  • kristen
  • lafe
  • meredith
  • njrokpa
  • polly
  • rockstar jones
  • shelli
  • stegers
  • stephen
  • stu
  • whit
  • ! endeavors 
  • chinesepod
  • engrish
  • fayetteville public library
  • the grove
  • the grove kids
  • mcsweeneys
  • national public radio
  • settlers of catan
  • sojourners
  • thinkgeek
  • tibetan connections
  • valentino achak deng
  • !music.art.design;
  • 7136
  • aargo
  • andy cogbill
  • brett harkey photography
  • eastcreek studios
  • haguewood photography
  • lawrence.com
  • steve lee
  • studio 6
  • ! archives;
     
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com