welcome

Older

This was my birthday weekend. Basically nothing turned out the way I planned, which was fine in some regards because you can't plan having a surprise party.

Nothing every really turns out the way I plan it to anyway. This is pretty standard in my life. So I ask the question, why do I keep on planning? Well, that is a relevant yet tricky question. I need to plan. We all need to plan. But those plans should always be subject to change. Because, as you might have guessed, they always will change.

I heard frustrating news tonight in regards to a long time friend. Essentially, negative things were being said about this friend indirectly through one of his friends, primarily out of his "concern" for my friend. In essence, however, this was not concern but only gossip and frustration on the part of the one speaking the hurtful things. And as someone who loves this person very much, I took the hurt for him. It broke my heart to hear how someone could say such things and still call oneself a follower and lover of Jesus.

This is totally a tangent from my former topic, but it just happened, and I really need to vent about it. I am so tired of no one loving each other. I mean, gosh, this is the highest commandment given to us! To love God and to love each other. And I see so little of it, myself included in this. I am so tired, tired of everyone treating each other like we are disposable. I'm tired of people acting like they're more important and better than the next person. I'm tired of people not removing the planks out of their own eyes before casting the first stones. I'm just tired of professors of Christ never living up to the standard of what they profess. I pray that the Lord would give me the heart of Jesus. I pray this for my brothers and sisters too. Love one another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

! *g* 
a lover of *jesus *political science *children *t.betans *painting *literature *music *knowledge *humor *piano *art *community
! friends 
  • argos
  • chris & evie
  • eric
  • harkeys
  • james
  • john
  • jones 2 ethne
  • kekexili
  • kristen
  • lafe
  • meredith
  • njrokpa
  • polly
  • rockstar jones
  • shelli
  • stegers
  • stephen
  • stu
  • whit
  • ! endeavors 
  • chinesepod
  • engrish
  • fayetteville public library
  • the grove
  • the grove kids
  • mcsweeneys
  • national public radio
  • settlers of catan
  • sojourners
  • thinkgeek
  • tibetan connections
  • valentino achak deng
  • !music.art.design;
  • 7136
  • aargo
  • andy cogbill
  • brett harkey photography
  • eastcreek studios
  • haguewood photography
  • lawrence.com
  • steve lee
  • studio 6
  • ! archives;
     
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com