welcome

rewritings

I had such a great time tonight being with friends. There really is nothing better to do with one's time this side of heaven. It was a most blessed day.

I like to rhyme

[Make haste Lord, come quickly
For I fear yours is faint;
The enemy draws nearer,
Mine glory to taint.
Save me from these depths
Lest you desire me drown;
No, I cannot think such,
Truth claims me a crown--
Of beauty you wear,
As ruling thy throne;
Majestic vast kingdom
You claim as thy own;
pity to incline
An incredible task,
That you leave thy throne
And all that you bask,
For me to rescue
From this pit of mire;
Could it be so true
This is thy desire
Over kingdoms and throne rooms
And glory that be,
To renounce, take on flesh
And come rescue me?
I pray, if such true,
Come hastily soon
Before the devil takes hold;
These waters my tomb.
Truth tells me thy promises,
It tells me “blessed”,
But mine heart, still it cries
You would pass this great test
By saving mine hand
From enemy’s stronghold,
Taking me back
As it has foretold;
Lord hear mine voice--
The hour grown thin;
This light, disappearing,
The water is dim.
Arise O Lord!
Come save yours now!
Rescue mine heart,
Please make such a vow.]*



*this is something I wrote a while ago and it is basically founded upon Psalm 69. Just my interpretation of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

! *g* 
a lover of *jesus *political science *children *t.betans *painting *literature *music *knowledge *humor *piano *art *community
! friends 
  • argos
  • chris & evie
  • eric
  • harkeys
  • james
  • john
  • jones 2 ethne
  • kekexili
  • kristen
  • lafe
  • meredith
  • njrokpa
  • polly
  • rockstar jones
  • shelli
  • stegers
  • stephen
  • stu
  • whit
  • ! endeavors 
  • chinesepod
  • engrish
  • fayetteville public library
  • the grove
  • the grove kids
  • mcsweeneys
  • national public radio
  • settlers of catan
  • sojourners
  • thinkgeek
  • tibetan connections
  • valentino achak deng
  • !music.art.design;
  • 7136
  • aargo
  • andy cogbill
  • brett harkey photography
  • eastcreek studios
  • haguewood photography
  • lawrence.com
  • steve lee
  • studio 6
  • ! archives;
     
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com