welcome

pics

i had the pleasure of cutting taylor's hair tonight. we had good conversation, as all stylists do with their customers. he asked me what i would do if i could have any job in the world. i told him that i would take candid pictures of people and somehow make money from that. this question obviously got me thinking about what it would mean if i really did that. i plan to look into it. maybe i can find a job working with a photographer this summer...

speaking of photos, this is a blog with some amazing shots. and no, this guy is not the brother of drew cogbill; i already asked, and he is of no relation. but anyway, he takes some wonderfully interesting shots, some of which are with a great macro lens-- he has a photo of some sort of tiny weed grass in between rocks. they are amazing. please take a look at these and really LOOK at each. ask yourself why it is good, unique, intersting, tense, emotional, etc. i really enjoy his work.

3 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger drewc said...

hope your interview went well. it sounded pretty sexy... i really want to meet my like-named counterpart. he seems like a guy i would like to hang out with.

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey *g* --

I don't know what else to call you, so I'll stick with that.

Anyway, thanks a bunch for the link. I'm glad to hear you enjoy my work - actually, I'm just glad to find out someone else is visiting my site. It's hearing feedback that keeps me posting regularly, as I'm sure you know.

And Drew, I think it would be completely hilariously random to meet based on the fact that we have the same name. It could be a blast. It's a shame I've never even been in the "South," as it were.

Sorry to take up so much comment space, *g*. :) Thanks again.

Andy (of andycogbill.com)

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Schellhase said...

Wow. That's pretty cool: the guy you're admiring posted on your blog. By the way, I really enjoyed his photographs myself; you need to put some more of your own up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

! *g* 
a lover of *jesus *political science *children *t.betans *painting *literature *music *knowledge *humor *piano *art *community
! friends 
  • argos
  • chris & evie
  • eric
  • harkeys
  • james
  • john
  • jones 2 ethne
  • kekexili
  • kristen
  • lafe
  • meredith
  • njrokpa
  • polly
  • rockstar jones
  • shelli
  • stegers
  • stephen
  • stu
  • whit
  • ! endeavors 
  • chinesepod
  • engrish
  • fayetteville public library
  • the grove
  • the grove kids
  • mcsweeneys
  • national public radio
  • settlers of catan
  • sojourners
  • thinkgeek
  • tibetan connections
  • valentino achak deng
  • !music.art.design;
  • 7136
  • aargo
  • andy cogbill
  • brett harkey photography
  • eastcreek studios
  • haguewood photography
  • lawrence.com
  • steve lee
  • studio 6
  • ! archives;
     
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com