welcome

circles running down

I finally finished my latest painting. I have been working on it for about six days now. It is quite unlike anything I have done yet. I'm not really sure where it came from. Mostly I do work from photos, real life, or just anything I can find to look at. But when I started this project I had the urge to paint from nothing, just state of mind. Erin spurred me on by suggesting that I attempt to paint the concept of nostalgia. This wasn't easy, but fun, as I tried to paint what I thought nostalgia would be. It took a different turn somewhere along the way and ended up coming out as nothing but abstract circles and such, which is usually what happens to painters (at least in my case).Hopefully I'll get a shot of it posted soon.

The new coldplay album is delightful. It comes highly recommended by me. Basically Coldplay is just ridiculously good and it is almost impossible for them to disappoint. Thus, I suggest you go out and by it asap.

Interesting news: Today Rogers High School was featured on national news because teenagers where holding fight clubs, filming them, then selling the DVD's. The video footage even featured teenage girls boxing each other. Apparently the kids won't be charged with anything except the peoples responsible for distributing the DVD's. Arkansas makes its mark once again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

! *g* 
a lover of *jesus *political science *children *t.betans *painting *literature *music *knowledge *humor *piano *art *community
! friends 
  • argos
  • chris & evie
  • eric
  • harkeys
  • james
  • john
  • jones 2 ethne
  • kekexili
  • kristen
  • lafe
  • meredith
  • njrokpa
  • polly
  • rockstar jones
  • shelli
  • stegers
  • stephen
  • stu
  • whit
  • ! endeavors 
  • chinesepod
  • engrish
  • fayetteville public library
  • the grove
  • the grove kids
  • mcsweeneys
  • national public radio
  • settlers of catan
  • sojourners
  • thinkgeek
  • tibetan connections
  • valentino achak deng
  • !music.art.design;
  • 7136
  • aargo
  • andy cogbill
  • brett harkey photography
  • eastcreek studios
  • haguewood photography
  • lawrence.com
  • steve lee
  • studio 6
  • ! archives;
     
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com